Monday, September 23, 2019

Mary Huffman

Mary Esther Hoffman was born December 14, 1931 to Rev.
Robert Hoffman (1885-1953) and his wife Irma Zuelke
 (1888-1840)..  Rev. Hoffman moved as a minister so she
lived in Mattoon, Wittenberg, and Almond before he came
to Wild Rose about 1947. Mary attended Wild Rose High
school and graduated in 1950. She played basketball and
softball all four years. She was in the Wild Rose skating
club for 3 years starting in 1948 and Queen one year. She
sang in the girls glee club 4 years. She was on the annual
staff as a senior. Her appearance was "neat." Her weakness
was talking. Her favorite song was "For Sentimental 

Reasons." She wanted to travel around for awhile. In the 
Junior class play she was Mrs. Smith, the aunt and 
sorority house mother of the star in Campus Quarantine.".
As a senior she again played an aunt to the male star in 
"Girl Shy." She willed all her Sundays spent in church to 
Dean Fenrich. She moved to Sheboygan where her 
brother Robert lived and worked for Leverenz Shoe Co. 
She married Arthur R Wallander November 5, 1955 in 
Sheboygan . Robert was born August 25, 1927 in Cato, 
Manitowoc County, Mary died March 5,
2010 in Sheboygan. Arthur died No. 24, 2016 in 

Sheboygan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my grandmother on my dad's side. She passed away when I was in middle school, but I have such fond memories of her. I wish I would have had more time with her. She and my grandpa were together for the rest of her life and had two sons. Loved seeing this little piece of history. I only ever knew her with short hair (a look I now share).